Deep Space D-6: Armada
Only 6 remaining!
Deep Space D-6: Armada is a dice placement co-op game.
Please note: this is a pre-order. D-6 Armada is slated for a Q1 2021 delivery date.
Description: Deep Space D-6: Armada is the standalone multiplayer sequel to Deep Space D-6.
In the far reaches of the galaxy, a local cluster of planets has been overtaken by a hostile regime known as The Federation. Players will take command of starships and work together to complete missions while defending the system from enemy fleets.
Each player begins the game with their own starship with unique capabilities and basic crew. As you earn credits from completing missions, you'll be able to upgrade your ship and hire advanced Heroic crew members. Your crew are your dice and players will roll them, then assign them to their ship's stations in order to perform actions during combat or to complete missions.
Ship to ship combat in Armada involves managing your crew and ship stations. As your ship takes damages, your stations become disabled and require repair actions by engineers. Your crew is also susceptible to injury and you'll take medic actions to revive them. Ships can be customized to your individual playstyle, whether you prefer to deal direct damage, or support teammates by disabling enemy shields and stations.
Each round consists of the following phases:
1) Planning: Players travel to nearby planets. Players may also repair and upgrade their ships or hire new crew members during this time.
2) Encounter: Players combat enemy fleets or resolve missions (together or alone).
3) Resolution: Event cards and hazard effects are resolved. Enemy reinforcements will also appear at this time.
Once players have collected enough Data tokens, a final encounter is revealed. If they can defeat this final encounter, the players will win the game. What challenge faces our Captains? And who is behind all the terror?
DSD6: Armada takes the gameplay of Deep Space D-6 and enhances it with ship upgrades, dice mitigation, missions, and co-operative gameplay- all while retaining the game's signature minimalist style.
DSD6: Armada is not an expansion and does not require the original Deep Space D-6.
Deep Space D-6: Armada is a stand-alone multi-player sequel to the original solitaire game Deep Space D-6.
In Deep Space D-6: Armada, you and up to 3 friends will work together to complete missions, fight enemy fleets in ship to ship combat, and ultimately defeat an evil federation.
You'll get stronger as the game progresses, building the perfect starship from over 50 station modules, hiring heroes from a pool of more than 30 unique units, and finding resources to help you dismantle your opposition.
Armada is a complex and deep game made simple and intuitive through visual and user experience design. If you've played Deep Space D-6 before, you'll be immediately familiar with the mechanics of Armada. If you're new to the series- I hope you're ready for tough decisions and tactical planning!
Deep Space D-6: Armada is played over a series of game rounds. Each round consists of three phases:
1) Planning: Players perform actions to travel between planets and prepare for upcoming tasks such as upgrading their ships or hiring Heroic crew.
2) Encounter: Players complete Away Missions or combat enemy fleets at their current location (together or alone).
3) Resolution: Event and Threat Detected cards are drawn and hazard effects are resolved.
Learn more about the game in upcoming updates:
- The Starships (Update #2)
- Stations Modules and Weapons (Update #4)
- Crew and Special Abilities (Update #6)
- Team-Up encounters (Update #8)
Want to know more? Check out the prototype rulebook. This is a work-in-progress rulebook and is subject to change.